Fundraising for Cois Nore
Fundraising is an important activity for Cois Nore as we rely heavily on our fundraising income to keep our service operating. It also helps us to develop the service to meet the needs of people living with cancer in the County of Kilkenny.
There are many ways you can help to fundraise for Cois Nore Cancer Support Centre. We appreciate all the support we receive from the local communities across the County.
Once-off or monthly donations can be made below.
For those who make one or more personal donations totalling €250 or more per year, your donation is eligible for Tax Efficient Giving under the Charitable Donation Scheme. This allows us to claim the tax element of your donation from Revenue increasing your donation at no extra cost to you. All you need to do is sign and return a CHY3 tax-back form so we can claim the tax back from the Revenue Commissioners.
Plan your own Fundraising Event
Are you planning a coffee morning, table quiz or school Jumper Day in support of Cois Nore?
We would love to hear from you, no matter how big or small your event may be.
We will provide support for you and your event by providing buckets and signs and/or sharing on our social media platforms to make sure the word about your event gets out to everyone. Please contact email@example.com to let us know about your event.
For those looking to complete a sponsored run or fundraising challenge (e.g. Mini-Marathon, Movember, etc.) we recommend that you set up your event on iDonate.ie. Cois Nore Cancer Support Centre is registered with iDonate meaning it is quick and easy for you to set up an iDonate page that you can share with friends and family.
All donations will be paid directly to our bank account without you having to collect it, making it more secure for you and for us.
For any happy couple looking to support a local charity as part of their Wedding Day, Cois Nore have beautiful Wedding Favour Cards available for your wedding tables.
By donating to Cois Nore in the place of a traditional wedding favour, soon to be newlyweds will be helping to provide much needed support for those that have received a cancer diagnosis and their families.
Arrange your Cois Nore Wedding Favours by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
For many businesses incorporating a charity partner as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) planning can provide benefits in employee engagement and retention as well as establishing your business in the community as an active supporter of the Cois Nore Cancer Support Centre.
There are several ways that we can work together.
- Charity Partnership – Cois Nore will work in collaboration with your company/group/class to achieve positive outcomes for both parties. We will work with you and your employees/members throughout the year on fundraising initaitives that build the capacity of all involved and allowing your people to see the lasting impact their fundraising has for Cois Nore clients. We will provide support, guidance, and promotion for any fundraisers you choose to undertake.
- Employee Engagement Initiatives – We can work with you on one or more fundraising events that will engage your employees in a way that best suits your team building goals. This could be participation by a staff team in our annual 5k run or the Kells Kings Cycle. Staff may have their own ideas for a fundraiser, and we are happy to work with them.
- Event Sponsorship – The Cois Nore calendar of events is varied, anything from our 5k Run to an Annual Lunch. Becoming a named sponsor for the any of our events will help provide financial support for Cois Nore and increase the impact of our fundraising events. Our events are well supported by local media including KCLR, Kilkenny Community Radio, the Kilkenny People and Kilkenny Observer.
- Support a Service – Is there a service of ours that you feel particularly aligns with your company’s values? You can make a company donation specifically for that service. Your employees can help to choose which service to donate to and we can report back on the impact of the funding on our service users.
- Individual Donations – Payroll giving is an easy and efficient way for employees to make a charitable donation to support our work directly from their monthly salary.
Please contact Cois Nore on email@example.com if your company would like more information about becoming a charity partner or you are interested in our team meeting with your CSR Committee to discuss our services.
Make A Donation In Memory Of A Loved One
Please accept our sincere condolences if you have recently lost a friend or loved one. We are extremely grateful to you for considering Cois Nore at this sad and difficult time.
Donating in memory of someone who has passed away from cancer is a very special and meaningful way to celebrate the life of a friend or loved one while making a difference to the lives of others.
Leave A Gift in Your Will
Including a gift in your Will for Cois Nore Cancer Support Centre, no matter how small, can make a huge difference to the lives of people living with cancer in Kilkenny. We are very grateful for every legacy gift we receive.
Remember, it is always advisable to speak to a solicitor and explore your options before making a Will.
Tax Efficient Giving
If you are an Irish tax payer and have donated €250 or more to Cois Nore Cancer Support Centre in any year, Cois Nore can claim 45% in tax relief under the Charitable Donation Scheme. €250 is actually worth €362 to Cois Nore Cancer Support Centre at no extra cost to you. All you need to do is sign and return a CHY3 tax-back form so we can claim the tax back from the Revenue Commissioners.
Another way to help support Cois Nore is by becoming a Fundraising Volunteer. For every event we deliver we will need help on the day. If you are interested in helping with a bucket collection or selling raffle tickets, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.